Do you start your day wondering what happened to your ‘get up and go’? Are you feeling an energy crisis in your body that leaves you draggy all day long? Do you feel sleepy or exhausted in the middle of the afternoon? If so, you are not alone! So many of people feel a daily energy crunch that it seems to have become ‘normal’ in their fast paced, hectic lives.
Let’s take a moment to look at some possible reasons for your energy crisis. There are 5 major factors that contribute to a loss of personal energy:
- Chemical stress – can be food or environmental toxins
- Emotional stress
- Mental stress
- Physical stress
- Foods – can either increase or decrease your energy
Now let’s take a look at some solutions that can make a difference in your overall feeling of vim and vigor. Here is a list of 10 solutions:
- Reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals by using chemical free household cleaning products, drinking filtered or purified water and eating ‘clean’ pesticide-herbicide free food / organic food
- Eat foods that are alive – foods that have a life force and will give your body sustained energy. Green vegetables are particularly good.
- Choose whole foods: grains, vegetables and beans. These foods are the way nature intended them to be which includes a whole range of natural antioxidants, nutrients and phytonutrients.
- Eliminate processed foods and refined junk foods from your daily food intake. These foods are nutritionally empty. They are toxic, they drain your body’s energy and compromise your immune system.
- Eliminate (or drastically reduce) your intake of refined sugar and sweets including candy and candy bars, white breads and baked goods. They cause your body to produce excess insulin, cause your energy to ‘crash’, contribute to weight gain and many common chronic health issues.
- Eliminate chemical sweeteners (including aspartame, all soft drink including diet sodas). They can trick your body into producing excess insulin, and they can be toxic.
- Use small amounts of natural sweeteners such as stevia, xylitol, pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey.
- Try eating healthy fruits that are naturally sweet (berries, oranges, apples, etc) to replace sugary snacks and baked goods.
- Focus on what is good and positive in your life – your friends, your family, the wonderful place you live and your many blessings. This brings positive mental energy into your day.
- Make healthy body movement a part of your day – walking, cycling, jogging, tennis, swimming, playing with the kids or grandkids – whatever physical movement makes you happy!
What would your life be like with an abundance of energy and vitality? That wonderful reality is well within your reach – right now! As a Health Coach I have a unique approach that is effective and successful at increasing energy. This approach is customized to fit YOU and your busy life, and is designed to help you have the energy you need to do all the things you love to do. Contact me for more details.
Copyright © 2013 Cathy Ormon – All Rights Reserved