These healthy biscuits are easy to make. They contain both protein and fiber from the almond flour, hemp hearts and the flaxseeds. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 biscuits
1 cup almond flour (option: substitute another GF flour such as millet flour)
1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
1/2 cup hemp hearts
4 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp cold butter
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp water
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the almond flour, ground flaxseeds, hemp hearts and baking powder.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients, until blended.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs; stir in the water. Mix the eggs into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the dough into 8 “rounds” onto the cookie sheet. Do not flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.