My friend Judy shared this recipe with me. She makes this salad and serves it as an amazing double for potato salad! If you love potato salad, but you don’t want to use potatoes (because they are high glycemic or for any other reason) – this is the recipe for you! Thanks, Judy for this neat potato salad ‘twin’! Judy also mentioned that she has used cauliflower as a replacement for macaroni in a hearty mac and cheese recipe that included some lean ground beef and lots of veggies. Great idea – a healthy replacement for the pasta!
Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: approx. 25 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
1 large head of cauliflower, broken apart
¾ cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
½ cup red onion, diced
½ cup celery, diced
½ cup dill pickle, diced
4 – 5 hard boiled eggs
optional seasonings: dill, seasoning salt, paprika, celery seed
- Steam the cauliflower pieces for 6 to 8 minutes, or until soft. Let them cool.
- In a medium bowl make the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper – set aside.
- Peel and chop the hard boiled eggs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, diced onion, diced celery, diced pickle and chopped eggs. Add the mayonnaise dressing, mixing well.
- Add optional seasonings as desired.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.