Carrots or red peppers can be added to this delicious stir fry for more color.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
3/4 lb boneless tender beef steak (rib eye, sirloin or flank)
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp xylitol (in place of sugar)
1 lb fresh broccoli, trimmed
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper
3 Tbsp organic cold pressed coconut oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 cup + 1 Tbsp water
1 tsp rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Combine 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce with garlic and xylitol in medium bowl. Stir in beef. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Wash broccoli; remove flowerets, cut into bite size pieces. Peel stalks and cut diagonally into thin slices. Wash mushrooms and slice – combine with
- Combine 1 cup water, 2 Tbsp GF soy sauce, 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch, and chipotle chili pepper in a small bowl; set
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir fry 1 minute; remove beef.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp coconut oil in same pan. Add broccoli, mushrooms and onion – stir fry 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp water over vegetables; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
From the Institute for Integrative Nutrition