Prep time: 10 minutes
Prep Notes: requires a blender
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 large ripe mango, peeled, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup of cilantro, ¼ cup lemon juice, cayenne pepper and garlic. Coat chicken breast with this mixture, marinate for at least 1 hour.
- While chicken marinates, purée remaining ¾ cup yogurt, ¼ cup lemon juice, ¾ cup cilantro and 2/3 of cubed mango in blender.
- Bake chicken in a glass baking dish for 25-30 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving plates, pour on sauce and sprinkle with mango and extra sauce on side.
- Add a sprig of fresh cilantro for garnish.
From Institute for Integrative Nutrition