This recipe is my variation of a neat vegan recipe from the folks at That Sugar Film. Cauliflower is such a nutritious vegetable, and it has a very neutral mild taste – which makes it very versatile. These bites will go great with a casual meal or they can be eaten as a healthy snack. The almonds have some protein, fiber and nutrients and the cauliflower is loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber. You can also add a bit of spice to suit your taste buds – whether you like curry, chipotle or your favorite blend of herbs. Enjoy!
Cathy’s note: I always experiment with new recipes, so I tried this recipe using coconut flour instead of almond flour. It did not turn out very well. The almond flour seems to have a different consistency and makes a better ‘crisp’.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 baking tray of Cauliflower Bites
½ to ¾ head of white cauliflower
¼ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
¾ cup almond flour or almond meal
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbps olive oil
Garnish: (if desired) chopped cilantro and sliced almonds
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F
• Prepare the cauliflower by cutting it or breaking it into bite sized florets and place in a medium sized bowl. Add the unsweetened almond milk and stir to coat all the cauliflower pieces with the milk.
• In a separate bowl combine the almond flour / meal and parmesan cheese.
• Pour the almond flour and cheese mixture over the moist cauliflower florets and mix well to coat the cauliflower.
• Spread cauliflower bites evenly on the parchment covered baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower..
• Bake for a total of 20 minutes – turning the cauliflower bites after 10 minutes. NOTE: If you want a darker or crispier result – bake longer or increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.