I am always looking for tasty and interesting vegetarian dishes that are gluten free. My husband and I are not vegetarian by any means, but we like to have one or two vegetarian meals each week, and all our cooking needs to be gluten free. We enjoy vegetarian meals, and find that it keeps our protein intake balanced and interesting.
½ cup dried split red lentils (or whole red lentils)
2 cups white mushrooms, finely chopped
2/3 cup raw walnuts, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce – gluten free
2 Tbsp soy sauce – gluten free
1 tsp mixed spices (suitable for a meatloaf, or Italian spices)
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for 15 minutes (if using whole red lentils – it will take about 25 minutes). Let them cool.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Drain the lentils and add them to the mixture. Mix everything together well.
- Use olive oil to lightly grease a pie plate (a glass pie plate works well). Put the mixture on the plate and spread evenly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with cooked quinoa and salad.
Makes 4 good sized servings