Asparagus is very rich in nutrients and antioxidants – a good food for energy. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. Enjoy!
Prep: 10 minutes
Processing: 2 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
Total: time: 17 minutes
1 – 1.5 lb green asparagus spears
2 cups gluten free vegetable broth
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk or lite coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the asparagus and trim off the bottom ends.
- Steam the asparagus for about 4-5 minutes.
- Cut the asparagus spears into bite size pieces. Set aside 1 cup of the asparagus pieces for garnish.
- Place remaining asparagus pieces and vegetable broth in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pot and heat until simmering. Stir in the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately over reserved asparagus pieces.