This is a very easy and healthy vegetarian soup – great for a cold winter day! The lentils are a great source of protein and fiber.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 to 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup turnip, peeled and chopped
5 cups water
2 vegetable bullion cubes, gluten free
½ tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
- Drain and rinse the lentils – set aside.
- In a large soup pot heat the coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and turnip. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, lentils, vegetable bullion cubes, sea salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving