Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
4 chicken breasts cut into 2-inch chunks
1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
1/2 cup water
10 pitted prunes
1/2 cup parsley or cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan and sauté onions on low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, spices and water to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes. Chicken should be cooked all the way through but should not be dried out.
- Add prunes and cook another 5 minutes, until they get soft and saturated with juice.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa. Top with chopped parsley or cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Institute for Integrative Nutrition