This recipe is a incredibly nutritious, as well as delicious! Broccoli has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber; ginger is a powerful antioxidant, as well as having anti-inflammatory properties; and garlic is often referred to as “poor man’s pencillin”.
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
1 bunch broccoli
6 cups water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons gluten free tamari soy sauce
5-inch piece fresh ginger, finely grated
Tarragon or basil for garnish
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets.
- Peel the stems and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add 6 cups water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and quick boil for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and rinse quickly with cool water.
- Heat skillet with oil, add garlic and sauté for a few seconds before adding broccoli.
- Sauté broccoli and garlic, adding tamari soy sauce and ginger.
Recipe: the Institute for Integrative Nutrition