This is a delicious and healthy recipe – the salmon can be broiled or cooked on the Bar-B-Q. Goes great with salad, asparagus or any fresh vegetable.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinade time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1 tablespoons umeboshi plum vinegar
2 4-ounce wild salmon fillets
- Make marinade by combining oil, water, ginger and vinegar.
- Place fish in a shallow baking dish, cover with marinade, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil fish skin side down for 6-8 minutes.
- Baste with remaining marinade once or twice while broiling.
- Use any remaining marinade as a sauce and serve.
From the Institute for Integrative Nutrition