These soft cookies are a gluten free quinoa version of old fashioned oatmeal cookies. They have a low sugar content and they contain fiber and protein from the quinoa (flakes and flour). Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10 – 12 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
¼ cup coconut palm sugar
¼ cup unpasteurized honey
½ cup quinoa flour (or amaranth flour or chickpea flour)
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups quinoa flakes
½ cup raisins, dried cranberries or chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (so cookies don’t stick, and to make clean-up easy)
- In a large bowl cream the butter. Add coconut sugar, honey, and eggs. Beat lightly until it is a smooth mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add quinoa flakes. Mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Add raisins or cranberries, if desired. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
There is an article that you might be interested in reading: Celebrate with Health & Energizing Sweets! It is in the FREE Membership area of this website. At the bottom of the article there is an option to download a Bonus for Member’s only – an eBook, which contains a baker’s dozen sweet and healthy recipes. Click here to register for the Member’s Site.