Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 to 35 minutes
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup almond milk (or dairy milk, if desired)
½ cup xylitol (natural sweetener)
½ cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup almond flour
½ cup quinoa flour
¼ cup chickpea flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 ½ cups rhubarb, cut into ‘coins’ (about 6 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Use coconut oil to grease the inside of a 9” spring-form cake pan
- Over medium heat melt the butter in a small saucepan, then stir in the almond milk. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, xylitol and sugar until somewhat light in color. Slowly mix in the butter and almond milk. Mix well.
- Add the flours, baking powder and salt – stirring until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared spring-form cake pan. Spread the rhubarb evenly on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the cake before removing the spring-form side.
There is an article that you might be interested in reading: Celebrate with Health & Energizing Sweets! It is in the FREE Membership area of this website. At the bottom of the article there is an option to download a Bonus for Member’s only – an eBook, which contains a baker’s dozen sweet and healthy recipes. Click here to register for the Member’s Site.