Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 ½ cups gluten free quinoa elbow macaroni
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp quinoa flour or chickpea flour
3 ½ cups 2% milk
1 can gluten free cream of mushroom soup
½ cup diced red pepper
½ cup diced celery
¼ cup chopped green onion
1 tsp garam masala (spice)
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ tsp sea salt
3 to 4 cups cubed skinless cooked turkey
½ cup crushed corn chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook the gluten free quinoa macaroni in boiling water, according to directions on the macaroni package. Cook only until firm, not too soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the quinoa flour. Cook while stirring until it is a light golden colour, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture while whisking continuously. Add the cream of mushroom soup, red pepper, celery, green onion, tarragon and garam masala. Stir until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir the shredded cheese into the hot creamy mixture, until the cheese is completely stirred in.
- In a large bowl stir together the cooked macaroni, creamy cheese mixture and the turkey – mix well. Pour into a buttered lasagna dish or large casserole dish. Sprinkle crushed corn chips on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.