My friend Lynita told me about this very interesting summery way to serve avocados, which inspired me to write it up and post it as a recipe. Avocados are incredibly healthy, and they are a very versatile vegetable too! Thanks, Lynita – interesting idea!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Grilling time: 10 to 15 minutes
2 ripe avocados
Balsamic Vinegar Reduction or Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (available at many grocery stores)
Garnish of your choice – such as crushed walnuts or cashews
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise, and remove the stones.
- Lightly brush the exposed flesh of the avocado with olive oil.
- Place each avocado half face down onto the grill or the Bar-B-Q and cook over medium heat until the avocado skin starts to pull away from the flesh. Exact times depends on the intensity of the heat from the grill, and the size of the avocado.
- After you take the avocado off the grill, there are two ways to serve it: remove the skin, and drizzle Balsamic Vinegar Reduction or Glaze over each avocado half OR leave it in the skin and serve it with the cut side drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar Reduction.
- Add desired garnish before serving.