Hummus is great to serve with raw vegetables for a snack or with any meal!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Use canned beans to save time.
- Try the same recipe with different kinds of beans such as navy beans or black turtle beans.
2 cups chickpeas precooked in pressure cooker
1/3 cup chickpea water left over from pressure cooker
3 tablespoons tahini
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. It is easier to do it in several, smaller batches.
- Once blended, stir in a mixing bowl and taste.
- Add more seasonings if desired.
- Spread on a serving platter and sprinkle paprika or chili powder and a little olive oil over whole plate.
From the Institute for Integrative Nutrition