Here is a wheat free variation of a delicious and healthy middle eastern dish. Tabouli can be eaten warm when freshly made, or refrigerated and eaten cold as a salad or side dish. Quinoa is healthy and gluten free, and it contains both protein and fiber. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 35 min
1 cup quinoa and 2 1/4 cups water
1 cucumber, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 bunch mint, minced
1/2 bunch parsley, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste
- Wash quinoa.
- In a pot bring water and salt to a boil and add quinoa.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water is absorbed.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork; cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the quinoa into a large bowl and add cucumber, tomato, mint and parsley.
- Mix gently. Add lemon juice, olive oil and salt to your taste.
From the Institute for Integrative Nutrition