Here is an unusual and refreshing salad. It is colorful, delicious, very healthy, and makes a great addition to any summer or early fall meal. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: none
Refrigeration time: 1 hour, if desired
Servings: 6 to 8
1 small seedless watermelon, or ½ of a large watermelon
1 long English cucumber
extra virgin olive oil
white balsamic vinegar (or white vinegar of your choice)
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 handful of fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
1 handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Slice the watermelon, remove the rind, and chop watermelon into generous size pieces. Place the pieces into a large salad
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice each half lengthwise again (it is now in 4 long pieces). Cut each piece into chunks. Add cucumber pieces to the watermelon in the salad bowl. Mix them together.
- Drizzle desired amount of olive oil and vinegar over the watermelon and cucumber. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix.
- Add the chopped mint and chives. Stir again to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors meld, if desired.